6/23/08

Introducing...


I sit staring at the blank window where the inaugural post of this blog should be, watching the cursor blink. Time seems to tick very slowly and I wonder, not for the first time, how many times a minute does that thing blink? This is a stalling tactic. I am consumed with the idea that the words committed to this box should be fantastic, witty and profound. The need to explain our small place in the swirling vortex of the world of blogging is great but I find that the thoughts that I have come forth at an agonizingly slow rate. Why? Why is it that in my daily life I can see something that would be a perfect topic to blog about and here I am struggling to write a few paragraphs of introduction


Here it is the unvarnished introduction. The Jot and Tittle. When considering names for this blog it wasn’t until the definition of jot and tittle was found that the name was decided on. The jot and tittle, to paraphrase, means two small things which could make a difference. We are two Christian women that love the scriptures and the written word. Our premise is to be able to put here, for your consideration, things that we find interesting, amazing or sometimes aggravating hoping that it might shed some light in an ever darkening world.

Feedback is important and can fuel a great discussion and we welcome it, however, flames are not. May the coming posts prove to be everything our thoughts hope they’ll be. And may we be able to make a difference.

There, the first post is done and the monkey is off our proverbial back!

No comments: