8/23/08

I’m Not Opposed To Birthdays, I Just Don’t Want To Look Tired


I returned from Seattle yesterday. I was visiting my daughter, her husband and the two grand-doggies. (They, Olive Oyle and Myrtle Byrd, know I’m their “Mommy’s Mommy” in every sense of the word. Upon my arrival, their glee was inescapable and they continued to shower me with kisses throughout the week. Last night my daughter called to say that Olive was sitting by the bed in the guest room, like, “Where is she? I love those little bums.) Like Jesus said, how can you not love somebody that loves you? I smile just thinking about it.

I got a birthday card from “T” yesterday. I was exhausted from travel and thought I would give her a call today to thank her. Here it is 12:51 p.m. and I’m still in a state of “just getting out of bed”, it feels so good to be home, I’m enjoying every minute of it. Upon checking The Jot and Tittle and I see there is a new post entitled Happy Birthday. How nice it is to be acknowledged. The fact that I have a few special people in my life that I treasure and to know it is reciprocated…it’s priceless and these are the things that bring me pleasure. I read the first paragraph grinning all the while. (I’m not opposed to birthdays, as some people are. I really don’t mind the rising number each year…I just don’t want to look tired. That’s the main goal in the fight against aging. If I could just look great no matter what the age…who cares. (I’m working on that. Not by wearing clothes that are too young for my age or plastering on the make-up. I just want to look fresh, clean, neat and modest..and the clothes classic..like a crisp white shirt and a pair of earrings. Maybe I’ll treat myself to that combo today…I think I will…a reason to get up and moving!)
Back to the blog…I only read the first paragraph and must stop to run and get my coffee. I want to enjoy this post at the most heightened sense possible. Both the blog and the coffee are delicious. Who is this woman I’m reading about? I want to go to her house! This must be how actors feel when they get a great review? If it’s all true, I thank you T for saying so.

No comments: