10/3/08

I'm a slacker...


It's true. I am a blogging slacker. Not intentionally or with purpose, but still one who has been neglecting her blogging obligations. Thankfully, J, my dear friend, has been carrying the banner for us both while I have been dropping the ball of late.

Since we’re on that subject, J really is a wonderful writer. It’s funny. We are having a bit of a role reversal here. Not that I’m a prolific writer by any means, I am absolutely not, but I usually nudge her to write more frequently. She writes a blog of sorts for the national women’s group for our church, (I’m tech support), and we were talking once about that very thing, her posting more frequently. She mentioned she was feeling some pressure. I sort of laughed and asked why? She said sometimes writing something of that magnitude was like passing a kidney stone. We both got a good chuckle at that. However, I admit here that this is a pretty accurate assessment. I did not necessarily agree then, but I do now. You were right, J. I bow to the master. :)

Lately I feel like I have nothing to blog about. And currently, aside from the scripture classes I have to prepare for, I have nothing I’m even researching right now. I think I have genuine writer’s block. How does one break writer’s block? I Googled it. Yes, seriously, I Googled how to break writer's block. I am an information junkie so what else would I do when I’ve been looking at a blank screen for an hour with the flashing cursor taunting me. One of the suggestions is to write about why you’re stuck. Ok, let’s free associate on why I have writer’s block for a moment.........................................Yep, no idea. Another suggestion was to write your obituary. You're kidding, right? That would take about 2 minutes and 10 words. That suggestion is getting tossed. Another site I looked at had a bunch of scantily clad female supermodels on it with writing tips sandwiched in between. Yeah, I guess that might work for some, not for me. I closed that site and immediately deleted my temp files.

I have several things that I feel passionately about. I often wonder if this is the proper forum to talk about those things. Don’t worry they are not controversial, by any stretch of the imagination. I just wonder if they are things that are only important to me. And since we have a total of 5 readers (which fluctuates on an almost daily basis) and ZERO commenters you just gotta wonder maybe the stuff that is interesting to us is simply not interesting to the masses, or, ahem, the 5 readers we have.

While I’m writing this thought provoking post, J sends me an email that she’s home working in her office (See this post) and to give her a call if I have time. It’s my lunch break so I call. After a few minutes of discussion about a few different things, she asks me if I am feeling bogged down. I asked why she would ask me that. She said “because you haven’t posted since January of 2006!” A joke, of course, but I appreciate that she asked. Maybe that’s it. Maybe J's right and I am feeling bogged down. Stranger things have happened I suppose. Thankfully, it’s Friday. I’m going to go home and try to catch up on the things that I’ve been leaving half done. Or I could lie on the couch all weekend eating chocolate and try to get un-bogged…or whatever the opposite of bogged down is. Now that idea has merit. Hmmm, what is the opposite of bogged down…I may need to do a little research.

No comments: